Pages

May 10, 2012

The black morel must be deserved !

And that is deserved in more ways than one! In fact it is black or common!

Not only, to find your spots of morels, you must spend time looking for them.

You will notice in this connection, that in the jargon of morel pickers, we talk about stalking, hiding, hunting morel, and many other terms of hunting.

But still, you have to have a faith, a perseverance, a sixth sense that tells you to go on and on, foolproof.

And when finally you reach the Holy Grail, you are not after your efforts !

During my various researches, I hail the deal, as this Sunday, April 22,which just let me time to complete a snapshot of this strange and rare fungus, the bell morel or the thimble fungus - Verpa conica, poor edible, that we must protect because its habitat tends to disappear, I'll leave on the spot.


A strange fungus : the bell morel or Verpa conica
A strange fungus : the bell morel or Verpa conica.


Today, this Monday, April 23, I have not failed in the rule: I had to walk, face an almost winter temperature, I was soaked to the bone by a cold rain, all that to discover this beautifull mushroom that is black morel.


The beautifull black morel, Morchella elata.

Crouching, I found them in my biotope #2, sometimes hidden in ivy, sometimes hidden in the fern.


Black morels, Morchella elata, in the ivy
Black morels in the ivy.

Black morels, Morchella elata, in the fern
Black morels, in the fern.












Yes, the morel is deserved, but what a delight to fill his basket, hands numbed by the cold and rain ... Today, despite the miserable weather, I stooped 95 times to fill my basket, the morel is definitely deserved but what happiness!


The happiness of a full basket of black morels, Morchella elata!
The happiness of a full basket of black morels!

A picking of 95 black morels, Morchella elata, made ​​this Monday, April 23, 2012
A picking of 95 black morels made ​​this Monday, April 23, 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating !